Sunday, April 19, 2009

Flash Player, Mozilla Firefox for Linux and cyrillic symbols

I use Kubuntu 8.04 Linux on my home box. And I have found that it is impossible to enter cyrillic text in Adobe Flash Player forms when using Firefox and Linux. When I type in Russian, it is a total mess. In Windows, everything is ok.

I have spent some time trying to solve the problem. I have installed different versions of FlashPlayer plugin, but none of them worked.
The problem is in Adobe software.
Some people advise to change Firefox's locale via LC_ALL=ru_RU.CP1251 firefox, but this doesn't work.
So don't waste your time.

The only solution I have found is to run Firefox for Windows under WINE. Also, you may type Russian text in any text editor and then copy-paste the text into flash -- that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment